MidCounty Surgery Center
BJC Washington University Foot Surgery
8637 Delmar Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63124
Thank you for choosing the MidCounty Surgery Center for your surgery. The facility is a state licensed ambulatory surgery center and is accredited by AAAHC. The MidCounty Surgery Center was created by hospital and clinical personnel to offer safe, high quality surgical care. State-of-the-art medical technology makes this an affordable and convenient option to overnight hospitalization.
(MidCounty Surgery Center does not provide emergency services.)
Please follow these guidelines to ensure that your operation goes smoothly.
- DO have any preop testing completed 7-10 days before surgery (i.e. lab work, x-rays and/or EKG). Fax reports to our office at 314.983.2777
- DO notify your surgeon if there is any change in your physical health such as an illness or fever.
- DO confirm surgery if you have not been contacted 24 hours prior to your scheduled procedure.
- DO make arrangements for someone to drive you home and accompany you after the surgery.
- DO NOT take any medications after 12 midnight the night prior to surgery unless otherwise directed.
- DO NOT take anti-inflmmatory, aspirin products, or appetite suppressants for 7-10 days prior to scheduled surgery
Help us to help you. Please follow these guidelines.
- DO wear loose fitting, comfortable clothing such as sweats. Wear comfortable shoes and NO high heels. DO leave all jewelry, cash and valuables at home.
- DO remove glasses, contacts and removable dental work. Bring a case for safe keeping.
- DO arrive at the surgery center at the instructed time of arrival.
- DO NOT eat or drink anything for 10
- coffee, mints, juice and gum. Failure to follow these directions may result in the cancellation of surgery.
- DO NOT plan on driving yourself home. If you plan on taking a cab, you must be accompanied by an adult friend or relative.
MidCounty Surgery Center will contact you within 48 hours of the surgery to answer any additional questions.
- DO review instructions for your care with discharge staff.
- DO follow doctor’s orders regarding diet, rest, medication and activity.
- DO contact your doctor if you have any questions after surgery.
Insurance And Billing
Prior to your surgery date, you will be notified of your estimated out of pocket cost for the physician fees. Due to the vast array of insurance plans, we recommend that you direct any plan specific questions to your carrier. Payment is expected on the date of surgery based on your cost estimate. For your convenience we accept, MC, Visa, Discover Card and Care Credit. The cost estimate does not include anesthesia, facility or lab fees, these are separate and you may receive separate billings for these services. Please contact 314-880-0715 for any insurance questions.
If you have a problem or concern, please contact the MidCounty Surgery Center at 314.983.2778. We are dedicated to making your stay at the MidCounty Surgery Center as comfortable and possible. A copy of your patient rights and responsibilities is in your surgical folder.
Calling after business hours: 314.388.5349