in St. Louis and Chesterfield, MO
Metatarsal pain, also known as a “stone bruise”, is a painful condition that affect the metatarsal region of the foot.
Please call us 314-207-7280 to request a consultation about this treatable condition.
Must Know About This
- The most common area affected is the first metatarsal head, and the second is the head under the second metatarsal.
- Athletes who participate in high-impact sports are most susceptible of metatarsalagia.
- Other medical conditions which can cause metatarsalgia include: bunions, rheumatoid arthritis, Morton’s neuroma, and diabetes.
Good to Know About This
- Metatarsal pain, also known as a “stone bruise”, is a painful condition that affect the metatarsal region of the foot.
- When the head of one metatarsal bone is pressed against another, the small nerve is caught between them and starts to become inflamed, thus causing the condition.
- People who wear high heels or shoes that don’t fit the shape of the foot and have an elevated heel are more susceptible to metatarsalgia.