Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment
in St. Louis and Chesterfield, MO
This condition is characterized by inflammation and pain in the joints of the foot, although it commonly affects other areas, especially the hands. Please call us 314-207-7280 to request a consultation about this treatable condition.
Must Know About This
- When Rheumatoid Arthritis affects the joints at the ball of the foot, the ligaments are loosened and the result can be tender calluses and ulcerations at the ball of the foot.
- Wearing shoes that are flat and shaped like the foot will take excess pressure off the ball of the foot.
- Light and flexible shoe allow for the foot to move without restriction through its natural range of motion, which improves circulation.
Good to Know About This
- This condition is characterized by inflammation and pain in the joints of the foot, although it commonly affects other areas, especially the hands.
- Symptoms are joint pain and swelling and may appear and disappear with time and treatment.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis can cause the feet to become misshapen as muscles weaken and tendons are damaged and slip from their natural positions, although proper treatment can prevent some of this deformity from occurring.